Knight’s Cabin seeks Part-time Executive Director
The Executive Director (“ED”) will report to the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Knight’s Cabin Medical Retreats (the “Organization”) and is responsible for the Organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to the following:
- Assist with implementing the Organization’s long-term strategy and achieving its mission
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the Organization’s work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the fields in which the Organization works.
- Oversee the organization of retreats across multiple provinces
- Publicize the activities of the Organization, along with its programs and goals.
- Establish, foster, and nurture working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and position of the Organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices (i.e. tracking deposits, expenses, etc.)
- Managing correspondence for the Organization in coordination with the Board
- Support and be actively involved in fundraising activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Google Drive (and G-Suite),
- Experienced with various social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Desire to learn and grow with the organization
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities for growth
- Non-profit experience considered an asset
- For-profit experience considered an asset
- Business background preferred
Some travel may be required. This is an independent contractor position that will require, on average, 20 hours of work per week. It is strongly preferred that this person is based in Calgary.
Please send your application, including cover letter and resume, via email to Adam Asplund at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. We thank everyone for their applications, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.