About us: Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please visit our website or watch this video.
The Board of Directors: The Knight’s Cabin Board of Directors meets monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day-to-day operations of the organization with volunteer teams across Canada.
Time commitment: 2-4 hours/week, depending on season
Location: You can be located anywhere in Canada
- Step into the President role when President is not available
- Support the President with his/her responsibilities and portfolio (i.e. recruitment of Board members, Board governance, implementing strategic plans and policies of the organization; supervising affairs of the organization, etc.)
- Signing all by-laws and membership certificates, along with the President or Secretary or other officer appointed by the Board for this purpose, as needed
- Chairing monthly Board meeting, when President unavailable, and keeping everyone on time and on task in same
- Support Board Governance and Organizational Excellence Committee
- Attend monthly Board meetings online
- Support fundraising activities
- Support retreat coordination, organization, and volunteer teams
- Such other responsibilities as come up in the business of the organization from time to time
- Designate two to four (2-4) hours per week to the Board of Directors
- Ability to organize priorities and engage resources to staff those priorities
- Has time to attend monthly Board meetings (1-1.5 hours)
- Has time to attend committee meetings, as required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Prior board experience an asset
- Shares and believes in the vision for KC as a behaviour-change, research-based organization that delivers wellness retreats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in project management
- Ability to motivate other Board members, support them, and guide them
- Relatively well-connected in the community for Board and volunteer recruitment purposes
- Patient but persistent
- Experience managing employees and/or independent contractors and/or volunteers and ensuring they stay motivated and are on task
- Experience with non profit organization(s) desired, but not required
Contact: If you’re interested in finding out more about these Board opportunities, please email email@example.com.