About us: Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please visit our website or watch this video.
The Board of Directors: The Knight’s Cabin Board of Directors meets monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day-to-day operations of the organization with volunteer teams across Canada.
Time commitment: 2-4 hours/week, depending on season
Location: You can be located anywhere in Canada
- Step into the President and Vice-President roles, when both President and Vice-President are not available
- Act as ex-officio clerk for the Board
- Co-chair Board Governance and Organizational Excellence Committee (includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, on-boarding new Board members, and updating various government organizations and insurance broker with Board and organization changes)
- Attend and manage monthly Board meetings (via Google Hangout), including soliciting agenda items and recording minutes
- Maintain and manage the organization’s minute book
- Manage and maintain the organization’s records with Corporation Canada (i.e. updating when Board members join or leave, complete annual report, etc.)
- Manage and maintain the organization’s insurance, including that for the Board of Directors and contact with the insurance broker, updating from time-to-time, as needed, with information, Board members, etc.
- Maintain the organization’s by-laws
- Support fundraising activities, retreat coordination, and volunteer management
- Manage Board insurance and liase with insurance broker and provide updates regarding new and resigning Board members, addition of employees or independent contractors
- Such other responsibilities as come up in the business of the organization from time to time
- Impeccable organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Designate two to four (2-4) hours per week to the Board of Directors
- Has time to attend monthly Board meetings (1-1.5 hours) and committee meetings, as required
- Shares and believes in the vision for Knight’s Cabin as a behaviour-change, research-based organization that delivers wellness retreats
- Experience in project management an asset
- Experience managing employees and/or independent contractors and/or volunteers and ensuring they stay motivated and are on task
- Prior board experience an asset
- Experience with non profit organization(s) desired, but not required
Contact: If you’re interested in finding out more about these Board opportunities, please email email@example.com.