About us: Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please visit our website or watch this video.
The Board of Directors: The Knight’s Cabin Board of Directors meets monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day-to-day operations of the organization with volunteer teams across Canada.
Time commitment: 2-4 hours/week, depending on the season.
Location: You can be located anywhere in Canada
- Preside over Board meetings and guide decision-making and policy development.
- Chair Board Governance and Organizational Excellence Committee
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and committee meetings; ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Recruit Board members and volunteers to assist with delivering the organization’s mission
- Support strategic plans and policies of the Organization
- Providing general supervision of the affairs of the Organization, subject to the authority of the Board of Directors
- Support the Executive Director and members of the board of directors in fulfilling the mandate of the organization
- Support strategic fund development plan
- Support and/or manage volunteer teams across Canada, as needed
- Such other responsibilities as come up in the business of the organization from time to time Requirements:
- Designate two to four (2-4) hours per week to the Board of Directors
- Ability to organize priorities and engage resources to staff those priorities
- Has time to attend monthly Board meetings (1-1.5 hours)
- Has time to attend committee meetings, as required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair an asset
- Shares and believes in the vision for KC as a behaviour-change, research-based organization that delivers wellness retreats
- Leadership and/or management experience an asset
- Ability to motivate other Board members, support them, and guide them
- Relatively well-connected in the community for Board and volunteer recruitment purposes
- Experience with non-profit organization(s) desired, but not required
Contact: If you’re interested in finding out more about these Board opportunities, please email email@example.com.