Posted on July 18, 2017
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Knight’s Cabin and helping cancer survivors to join our Board of Directors to manage our Communications Portfolio.
- Chairing the Communications and Marketing Committee; preparing agendas for meetings for same
- Working closely with others inside the organization to define marketing materials and programs.
- Help volunteers and/or interns implement social media plan
- Manage social media presence to increase reputation and brand recognition
- Ensure Knight’s Cabin’s brand and message is uniform across all platforms by integrating strategic communications planning and implementation into the fabric of our program and fundraising strategies
- Ensure strategic communications planning and execution furthers our program objectives, and is fully woven into the fabric of program strategy and implementation.
- Create and implement the annual and long-term communications strategy for the Organization, providing insight and direction on all communications activities, including traditional, new and social media; public relations; digital communications; multi-media content; donor communications; and communications for all other external audiences.
- Oversee production of print, digital, and other materials including press outreach, newsletters, annual reports, fundraising appeals, donor updates, social media, special event needs, and other content, as required
- Help volunteers manage external vendors, including printers, designers, etc., as required
- Ability to delegate tasks and oversee volunteers who assist with activities on this committee (ex. blog manager, social media volunteers, etc.)
- Shares and believes in the vision for Knight’s Cabin as a behaviour-change, research-based organization that delivers wellness retreats
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance a nonprofit organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience writing, editing, and producing newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other publications, collateral, and multi-media content
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in communications, public relations, marketing, and digital and social media.
- Can designate 2-3 hours per week (most weeks) to the Board of Directors
- Time to attend Board meetings (once monthly) and committee meetings
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in communications, public relations, marketing and digital and social media
- Ability to translate strategy into action plans and results
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Initiative, energy, creativity, sense of humor, and a collaborative spirit.
- Grace under pressure, compassion, integrity, and the ability to be both kind and honest.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience with non profit organization(s) desired, but not required
- Relatively well-connected in his/her community to assist the Organization with Board and volunteer recruitment for events is an asset.
The Knight’s Cabin Board of Directors meets once monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day-to-day operations of the Organization with volunteer teams across Canada. It’s expected that each Board member spend approximately 1-2 hours/week on Knight’s Cabin business. Prospective board members can be located anywhere in Canada.
Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please watch this video. If you’re interested in finding out more about this or other Board opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Knight’s Cabin.