We’re seeking someone to fill the position of President on our Board of Directors.
President responsibilities include:
- Implementing strategic plans and policies of the Organization
- Providing general supervision of the affairs of the Organization, subject to the authority of the Board of Directors
- Signing all by-laws and membership certificates, along with the Secretary or other officer appointed by the Board for this purpose
- Chairing monthly Board meeting, keeping everyone on time and on task in same
- Designate two to three (2-3) hours per week to the Board of Directors
- Ability to organize priorities and engage resources to staff those priorities
- Has time to attend monthly Board meetings (1-1.5 hours)
- Has time to attend committee meetings, as required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Shares and believes in the vision for KC as a behaviour-change, research-based organization that delivers wellness retreats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in project management
- Ability to motivate other Board members, support them, and guide them
- Relatively well-connected in the community for Board and volunteer recruitment purposes
- Patient but persistent
- Experience managing employees and/or independent contractors and/or volunteers and ensuring they stay motivated and are on task
The Knight’s Cabin Board of Directors meets once monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day-to-day operations of the Organization with volunteer teams across Canada. Prospective board members can be located anywhere in Canada.
Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please watch this video. If you’re interested in finding out more about this or other Board opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Knight’s Cabin.