Currently, we’re seeking someone to fill the position of Treasurer, as well as other member-at-large positions.
Treasurer responsibilities include:
- Managing the finances of the organization, including the board’s review of and action related to, financial responsibilities
- Ensuring appropriate financial reports are made available to the board
- Regularly reporting to board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health
- Providing annual budget to the board for members’ approval
- Ensuring development and board review of financial procedures and systems
- Chairing the Finance Committee and preparing agendas for meetings
- Recommending to the board whether the organization should have an audit
- Assisting in the selection of an auditor, if needed, and meets with him or her annually
- Financial background is required (i.e. bookkeeping or accounting experience in a current or previous job)
- Professional accounting designation is an asset, but not a requirement
We’re also looking for board members-at-large who possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Organization operations experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Web content updating experience
- Communication and marketing experience
The Knight’s Cabin board meets monthly and functions as an operational board, helping to run the day to day operations of the organization with volunteer teams across Canada. It’s expected that each board member spend 1-2 hours/week on Knight’s Cabin business. Prospective board members can be located anywhere in Canada.
Knight’s Cabin is a national registered charity committed to research and healthy outcomes for people living with and recovering from cancer. For more information about Knight’s Cabin please watch this video. If you’re interested in finding out more about these board opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.